Thursday 20 September 2012

'Lots Happened' - the summer of 2012




Yet another of those 'catching up' entries. I'm hoping very soon to get this blog up to date so it can be a little more constructive and reflective rather than just a diary with the odd recommendation here and there.

The plan was, as ever, to ease back on the work a bit and breathe a little bit more. But there's always a problem with that strategy. I love my jobs. I love my day job, and I love my caravanning 'job'. I can never seriously call the touring thing a 'job' for two reasons. First off, it's a lifestyle choice not a career move. Nobody will ever get rich in the pecuniary sense of the word being a caravan journalist. But my goodness me, it's a very rich life indeed in so many other ways. The Camping & Caravanning Club have really hit the nail on the head with their 'Real Richness' campaign. So true. And it's this enjoyment, this richness, that is the second reason that I cannot call writing and making videos a 'job'. As I often say, it's not a holiday as there is always the element of obligation. But goodness me, it does beat working for a living. I'd rather be tapping away at my laptop in the Airstream until the wee hours than doing the 9 to 5 commute.

A lot of time, and I mean A LOT of time and energy, was expended on a second series of videos for the accessory manufacturer Milenco. Despite the hard work involved, I'm always happy to work with Milenco because their products are, simply, jolly good! And it's great to be able to try them all out and see just how good they are.

Hopefully… when I get some time (yeah, right) I'll put a comedy compilation together of all the out-takes. And there are plenty of those. But for now there are plenty of new product videos to check out. Visit my channel on YouTube and have a gander:

Link to my YouTube channel 





No comments:

Post a Comment